Alfonso XIII, King of Spain
|Birthname||Alfonso León Fernando María Jaime Isidro Pascual|
|born on||17 May 1886 at 12:30 (= 12:30 PM )|
|Place||Madrid, Spain, 40n24, 3w41|
|Timezone||LMT m3w41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°30' 19°45 Asc. 08°17'|
Spanish royalty, the son of King Alfonso XII, born six months after his father died. His mother, Maria Christina of Austria raised him and his two older sisters, acting as Regent. He had a weak constitution as a child, but at 16, took the throne, on 17 May 1902.
He married Princess Ena de Battemberg on 31 May 1906, the granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
On 13 April 1913, he was shot in an assassination attempt on a public street.
Alfonso abdicated the throne and went into exile in Marseilles with his family on 14 April 1931. Spain became a Republic for years before the next king assumed the throne. Alfonso died in Rome of angina on 28 February 1941, aged 54.
- parent->child relationship with Beatriz de Borbón (born 22 June 1909)
- parent->child relationship with Gonzalo, Infante of Spain (born 24 October 1914)
- parent->child relationship with Jaime, Infante of Spain (born 23 June 1908)
- parent->child relationship with Juan de Borbon, Prince (born 20 June 1913)
- parent->child relationship with María Cristina, Infanta of Spain (1911) (born 12 December 1911)
- parent->child relationship with Prince of Asturias, Alfonso (born 10 May 1907)
- child->parent relationship with Alfonso XII, King of Spain (born 28 November 1857)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Christina, Queen Consort of Spain (born 21 July 1858)
- spouse relationship with Victoria Ena, Queen Consort of Spain (born 24 October 1887)
- sibling relationship with Maria Teresa, Infanta of Spain (born 12 November 1882)
- sibling relationship with Mercedes, Princess of Asturias (born 11 September 1880)
- has other family relationship with Louis Alphonse de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou (born 25 April 1974). Notes: Great-grandson
- (has as) worker relationship with Canalejas, José (born 31 July 1854)
- Crime : Assault/ Battery Victimization 13 April 1913 (Shot in assassination attempt)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Lescaut quotes 12:30pm from CA 151 for B.R. (Wynn quotes Bailey, "believed to be correct," 6/1935. Same in Sabian Symbols No.26 and Barbault in Old Moore 2/1908 and Modern Astrology 7/1910
Sy Scholfield quotes 1pm from news report in "Morgen-Post," 19 May 1886, p. 4: "(Die Entbindung der Königin Marie Christine) Wie uns vorgestern telegraphisch gemeldet wurde, ist die Körstgin- Regentin von Spanien Montag um 1 Uhr Nachmiitags von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." ((The birth of Queen Marie Christine). As the telegraphic news was reported to us yesterday from the governor of Spain, on Monday, she was happily delivered of a prince at 1 o'clock in the afternoon).
Scholfield cites 12:30pm from birth certificate quoted in UN REINADO PARADOJICO: Alfonso XIII by Eusebio Ferrer Hortet (Maria Teresa Puga Garcia, 2015): "Se trataba de su primer acto oficial, en la Real Cámara, donde se procedía a la inscripción del recién nacido en el Registro Civil, haciendo constar: Que S. M. el Rey nació en este Real Palacio el día 17 de mayo de 1886, a las 12,30 minutos de la tarde. Que es hijo de S.M. el Rey Alfonso XII de Borbón y Borbón (Q.S.G.H.) y de su Augusta esposa S.M. la Reina Regente del Reino, Doña María Cristina Reniero de Habsburgo y Lorena..."
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Born after father died)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Princess Ena de Battemberg)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Exiled to Marseilles)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Shot in an assassination attempt)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon, Spain)