|Birthname||Louis Robert Wasserman|
|born on||22 March 1913 at 06:42 (= 06:42 AM )|
|Place||Cleveland, Ohio, 41n30, 81w42|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°18' 01°45 Asc. 01°02'|
American film studio executive and agent whom Steven Spielberg called a "great titan of the industry.". He began his career in 1936 as a booking agent for the Music Corporation of America (MCA). Ten years later, after expanding its arena to include actors and actresses, he became chairman of the company. He landed contracts with illustrious Hollywood names like Bette Davis, Alfred Hitchcock, and Jimmy Stewart. As President of the Screen Actors' Guild he wielded his influence with great business acumen. In 1962 he purchased Decca Records and Universal Studios and merged all his businesses. He sold his conglomerate in 1990, making millions on the deal. Wasserman was quite a philanthropist, generously giving to Catholic and Jewish charities as well as to political candidats. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Clinton in 1995. On May 17, 2002 he suffered a stroke which led to his death a month later on June 3rd in Beverly Hills, CA. He was 89.
- Work : New Job 1936 (Booking agent for MCA)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1962 (Merged Universal Studios and Decca with MCA)
- Financial : Gain significant money 1990 (Sold his business)
- Work : Prize 1995 (Presidential Medal of Freedom)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 2002 (Stroke)
- Death by Disease 3 June 2002 (complications of stroke in Beverly Hills age 89)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes http://www.accuracyproject.org/miscbioerrors.html for a corrected date of March 22, 1913. The website says:Error: He was born "Lewis Robert Wasserman" on "March 15, 1913."
Correction: His name at birth was Louis Robert Wasserman, and he was born March 22, 1913, at 6:42 a.m., on Woodland Avenue, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nearly every reference source on the planet and most of his obituaries, erroneously report "March 15, 1913" as pioneering movie mogul Lew Wasserman's date of birth. Many also mistakenly state "Lewis Robert Wasserman" was his name at birth. This is one instance where sloppy data entry, or poor research is not to blame. Lew Wasserman himself reported the 15th as his birthday, but this simply is not true. During his high school days, Wasserman puzzled classmates by changing the spelling of his first name from Louis to Lewis, and changed his date of birth from the actual date of March 22nd, to the fabricated date of "March 15," which he continued to give for the rest of his life. Some of his classmates have speculated that the 15th carried more historical mystique for him. In truth, he was born March 22, 1913, at 6:42 a.m., on Woodland Avenue, in Cleveland, Ohio
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Manager/ Agent