Wallenstein, Albrecht von
|born on||24 September 1583 (greg.) at 16:36 (= 4:36 PM )|
|Place||Hermanice, Bohemia, 50n25, 16e08|
|Timezone||LMT m16e08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°52' 06°59 Asc. 21°14'|
Bohemian nobleman and military career man, Albrecht Wenzel Eusebius, Herzog de Wallenstein. Born to titled Protestant parents, he turned out to be a rebel from youth. Expelled from the Lutheran school, he converted to Catholicism and had a fine Jesuit education.
Wallenstein joined the Hungarian army where he distinguished himself by his brilliant achievements as a Field General, one of the great commanders. When the 30 Years War broke out, he entered the service of Emperor Ferdinand II. Winning a series of victories, 1925- 29, he was given the titles of Duke of Mecklenburg and General of the Baltic and Oceanic Seas.
In 1609 he married a rich widow and became influential at the Vienna court. He was rewarded with the Duchy of Friedland, which he expanded, introducing agricultural reforms and controlling thousands of prosperous acres.
Wallenstein had vaulting ambitions for an empire and political power, and he began to earn significant enemies. He was called "the madman" for the fury of his temper when unleashed.
His overweening ambition led to his dismissal in 1630, but he was reinstated to defend the empire against Swedish attack. He recovered Bohemia but was defeated by Gustavus Adolphus at Lutzen in 1632 and was once more dismissed. His intrigues led to an imperial proclamation of treason. Finally his own officers deserted him, and he was murdered in his own bedroom on the evening of 2/25/1634 NS. Assassins entered and ran him through with their swords, Eger, Bohemia.
- Financial : Gain significant money 1609 (Married a rich widow)
- Death by Homicide 25 February 1634 (Murdered by assassins, age 50)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 1630 (Dismissed by the Emperor but reinstated)
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 1632 (Fired for good)
Modern Astrology 2/1911 quotes Kepler, data from the Duke with the original chart in St. Petersburg Univeristy. (September 14 OS, given as 4:30 PM LAT, which would be 4:22 PM LMT but rectified by Kepler to 4:36 PM LMT)
(Ken Negus in Constellations November 2000 translated the Kepler chart as having a time of 4:13:47 PM LMT, with birthplace as Frydlant, 15 E.05, 50 N.56.)
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Titled family)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Jesuit education)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage (Rich widow)
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Fury, called the Madman)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Stabbed by sword)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Run through by swordsmen)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Conversion/ Born again (Catholic convert)
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious (Ambitious for acclaim and influence)