|Birthname||Robert Thomas Velline|
|born on||30 April 1943 at 12:15 (= 12:15 PM )|
|Place||Fargo, North Dakota, 46n53, 96w47|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||09°29' 23°29 Asc. 07°59'|
American musician, a singer, songwriter and guitarist. A teenage idol who sang pop ballads rather than rock'n'roll, he began his career by touring. He managed to remain an active and reasonably successful performer long after the majority of his contemporaries of the early '60s had faded from public view.
He was the son of a chef who was an amateur musician and both of his brothers, Sidney Jr and Bill became accomplished guitarist in the mid'50s, members of a 15-piece band that performed locally. At 15, Bobby persuaded Sid to teach him guitar, and he learned the lyrics to the pop songs of the day.
According to legend, after Buddy Holly's band crashed in Fargo in 1959, Sid and Bill's band was asked to fill in for the gig. Since Bobby was the only one who knew the words to all the songs, he was appointed lead singer by default. They did well enough to make a disk that made Billboard's top 10 in 1960 on the Liberty label. Bobby was on his way to the top.
In 1963, he made a film debut in "Swingin' Along." In 1967, he put out a single that went gold, "Come Back When You Grow Up," and in late 1970 had another hit with "Sweet Sweetheart." His LPs sold steadily, often years after their original release.
After the '70s, Bobby Vee kept busy with club dates on the circuit as well as appearing in rock-revival shows.
- Work : Gain social status 1959 (Band "filled in" for Buddy Holly group)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1960 (Song made Billboard's top ten)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1963 (Film debut)
- Work : Gain social status 1967 (Single went "gold")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1970 (Popular song "Sweet Sweatheart" released)
B.C. in hand from Stephen Przybylowski
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Two brothers, accomplished guitarists)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitarist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Lead singer, mainly ballads)