Van Der Post, Laurens
|born on||13 December 1906 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Philippolis, South Africa, 30s19, 25e13|
|Timezone||EET h2e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°05' 10°40 Asc. 22°59'|
British-South African writer, farmer, explorer, ethnologist, journalist, war hero, philosopher, humanitarian, conservationist, African expeditionary and guru-mystic who served as an advisor to British heads of state and other political leaders. In addition, he wrote 25 books, two of which have been produced as feature films, and two more of which served as the basis for an award-winning PBS series. Imprisoned by the Japanese in Java during WW II, he wrote of his experiences, which were made into the movie, "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence," in 1983. Van Der Post was one of Carl Jung's closest friends, was very close to Prince Charles and was the godfather of Prince Harry. His autobiography, "A Story Like the Wind," was published in 1972.
Van Der Post died on 12/15/1996, London, England.
- friend relationship with Jung, Carl Gustav (born 26 July 1875)
- protégé relationship with Charles, Prince of Wales (born 14 November 1948)
- protégé relationship with Henry, Prince (1984) England (born 15 September 1984). Notes: 'Godfather'
David Fisher quotes his letter of 8/84, "I believe it was about 2:00 in the morning but I can not be absolutely precise."
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Godfather to Prince Harry of England)
- Vocation : Science : Other Science (Ethnologist, Conservationist)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection