|born on||14 October 1978 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Dallas TX, USA, 32n47, 96w48|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||20°40' 26°26 Asc. 05°11'|
American singer, actor and model who, at the age of 14, released his first album. He was a first place winner on the TV show "Star Search."
His father left the family when Usher was still a baby, leaving his mother Jonnetta Patton to act as both mother and father to him and his younger brother James. As a young child, he showed his natural ability for singing and entertaining, so his mother, choir director for the local church, encouraged her son to join the choir when he was only six years old. When he was 12, the family moved to Chattanooga, Tennessee, and later moved again, this time to Atlanta, Georgia. His mother guided his career as his manager, a position she now holds full-time, and it wasn’t long until he was appearing in local talent shows. During one such show in 1992, Bryant Reid of LaFace Records saw him perform and arranged an audition with his brother Antonio Reid, a music producer. Impressed with the teen’s talent, the company reportedly offered Usher a contract immediately.
Puberty caused problems throughout the recording process as Usher’s voice was undergoing changes, but eventually his debut album was released, resulting in a minor hit, "Think of You," 1994. After completing high school, he began another album, "My Way," released in October 1997. This resulted in his first hit single, "You Make Me Wanna," a passionate love song that went to number two on the pop singles chart. In 1997, Usher won the Soul Train Award for Best R&B Single by a male performer and earned a Grammy nomination.
- Work : Prize 1997 (Soul Train Award for Best R&B song)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1992 (Singing contract)
Dave B. Campbell quotes Marc S. Malkin, "Usher the Ultimate Entertainer," 1998, p.11
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (R & B)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Age 14 released album)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of two boys)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Dad disserted family, raised by mom)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Soul Train Award)