|Birthname||Tsongas, Paul Efthemios|
|born on||14 February 1941 at 23:45 (= 11:45 PM )|
|Place||Lowell MA, USA, 42n38, 71w19|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°07' 08°51 Asc. 12°21'|
American politician, the former Senator and State rep from Massachusetts and Dem. candidate for the Presidential race in 1992. He runs a Spartan campaign, saying the America is in economic peril and must wake up. The solution is patriotism, sacrifice and responsibility. His big issue is jobs; putting people to work.
Greek-American, conservative, not rich, wearing wrinkled suits and a perpetual frown, he does not fit the image of presidential material. An attorney, Tsongas worked in the Peace Corp 1962-68 and entered politics on a city level in 1968. He served as the U.S. Rep 1974-78 and as Senator 1978-84. When diagnosed with incurable cancer on 10/11/1983, he retired from Congress and with treatment, returned to the political arena later.
In 1969, Tsongas married Niki Sauvage and they had three kids; Ashley, 17, Jatina, 14 and Molly 10, at the time of his candidacy. He was one of twins, with a twin sister. For relaxation and to keep fit, he is a competitive swimmer.
Cancer returned in his stomach and was contained late 1992. He had a second bone-marrow transplant in May 1996, Boston. Tsongas died on 1/18/1997 of pneumonia brought on by complications from his cancer treatments.
- spouse relationship with Tsongas, Niki (born 26 April 1946)
- Work : End Major Project 1992 (Lost bid for Dem. presidential nomination)
- Social : Joined group 1962 (Peace Corps)
- Social : Left group 1968 (Peace Corps)
- Work : New Job 1974 (U.S. Representative)
- Work : New Job 1978 (U.S. Senator)
- Relationship : Marriage 1969 (Niki Sauvage)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1992 (Cancer, once again, contained)
- Health : Medical procedure May 1996 at 12:00 midnight in Boston, MA (Bone-marrow transplant)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Frances McEvoy
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (U.S. Representative, U.S. Senator)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Peace Corps)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Incurable)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Lifestyle : Work : Stressful work
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Sports : Swimming (Competitive)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (One twin sister)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Bone-marrow transplant)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Fatal)
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost (Lost candidacy bid 1992)