|Birthname||Elmer Raul Torn|
|born on||6 February 1931 at 02:35 (= 02:35 AM )|
|Place||Temple, Texas, 31n06, 97w21|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°36' 03°29 Asc. 05°19'|
American actor and director of stage and film, Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated leading man and character player in over 50 TV and film roles. After playing understudy for Paul Newman in "Sweet Bird of Youth," in 1959, he took over the role. His other roles have included "Men in Black," "Hercules," (he was the voice of Zeus) "Defending Your Life," "The Cincinnati Kid," and the role of the acerbic producer in HBO’s "The Larry Sanders Show," for which he won an Emmy in 1996. Though many of his roles have been cast him as surly, violent and unbalanced, he has also been seen as sensitive and intelligent.
He has been married twice. His second wife, in 1961, was now-deceased actress Geraldine Page. He has six children, ranging from ages 4 to 40 (as of 1997). While married to Page, he had an affair with Amy Wright during a production of "Hamlet" in 1976, which produced a daughter.
On 1/21/1997, in Los Angeles superior court, Torn won a $475,000 judgment in a defamation of character suit against actor Dennis Hopper. He had filed suit in 1994 after Hopper said on "The Tonight Show" that Torn had pulled a knife on him. Witnesses testified that it was Hopper who had pulled a knife on Torn.
- spouse relationship with Page, Geraldine (born 22 November 1924). Notes: Happy very
- Crime : Law suit 1994 (Filed against Dennis Hopper)
- Financial : Gain significant money 21 January 1997 (Defamation of character suit)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (25+ years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Second wife Geraldyne Page)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Geraldyne Page)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Won)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book