|born on||20 December 1875 at 08:34:30 (= 08:34:30 AM )|
|Place||Den Briel, Netherlands, 51n54, 4e10|
|Timezone||LMT m4e10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°05' 06°29 Asc. 03°19'|
Dutch officer in the Royal Marines, an astrologer and author of "Elementen der practische astrologie" and "Elementen der esoterische astrologie".
While visiting The Netherlands early in the 20th century, Alan Leo met A.E. Thierens and this led to a Dutch version of the magazine "Modern Astrology" in 1906 under the joint editorship of Alan Leo and H.J. van Ginkel, which was changed to: "Urania" the following year under Dutch editors and still exists today.
The publication of "Urania" marked the start of modern Dutch astrology and in the same year,1907, the Association for Modern Astronomy and Astrology was formed, which later became the Nederlandsch Astrologisch Genootschap (Dutch Astrological Association), and in October 1947, the Stichting Werkgemeenschap van Astrologen (WVA) (Workcommunity of Astrologers), also called the School of Ram, formed by Th.J.J. Ram, L. Knegt and A.E. Thierens.
The WVA was the first to take up astrological education. Features of the School of Ram with its esoteric foundation are a unique house-system: the Ascendant-Parallel-Circle system, the use of 'true places' of planets and of a few hypothetical planets.
Thierens died on 12/30/1941.
- Work : Start Business 1906 (Co-started astrological magazine)
- Social : Joined group 1907 (Co-formed astrological group)
Tees Reitsma from colleague information (given as local time), contributed to Donna Cunninghams Astrologer's Memorial page (Same data given by Cirkels)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Noted Dutch astrologer)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Astrological magazines)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Astrological)