|born on||28 June 1871 at 03:10 (= 03:10 AM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°56' 04°14 Asc. 29°09'|
Italian greatest coloratura soprano singer of pre-WW I history. She made her debut in 1890, singing successfully in Italy for over 13 years, with Poland and Russia in 1903 and San Francisco in 1904 where she was quite a sensation.
A large woman, she was said to have three passions in life: eating spaghetti, the movies, and playing dominoes. She would only sing on Mondays and Thursdays, her lucky days. Every six or seven weeks she would declare "Ah no singa tonight." The impresario, at his wit's end, would ask why and she would say, "Ah wants a man." When a man was found who would give his all for the cause of opera, after one look at the great diva, he often needed a bit of pecuniary incentive to conclude his part of the bargain. The result was a superb performance by the prima donna.
Tetrazzini exemplified the life force as much as she did bel canto, and the sheer exuberance of her singing can still set a room on fire. The voice did not always record well although the amazing impact and ease of her singing came across.
The titanic diva died 4/28/1940, Milan, Italy.
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher (4:00 AM Rome time)
(Prior information was for June 29,1971 from "The World of Song" by J. B. Romiser, quoted for 3:30 AM.)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International performances)
- Traits : Body : Size (Titanic)
- Vocation : Sex Business : Courtesan/ Escort (Employed sexual escorts)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Food, movies, dominoes)