Terrorist: Explosion Aircraft
|Birthname||Pan-Am Flight #103|
|born on||21 December 1988 at 19:03 (= 7:03 PM )|
|Place||Lockerbie, Scotland, 55n07, 3w21|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°09' 12°14 Asc. 08°33'|
Scottish aircraft explosion, espionage. Caroline Gerard of Scotland writes on 9/25/1990, "The report published on 11 September by the Air Accidents Investigation Branch of the Dept of Transport states that the plane was cleared to taxi onto the runway at 18:04 GMT, took off at 18:25, established two-way radio contact with Prestwick airport at 18:58 which transmitted oceanic clearance at 19:02:44. This was not acknowledged since the bomb exploded at 19:02:50 while the plane was at 31,000 ft. It began to break up within three seconds, disintegrating until the wings hit Sherwood Crescent, Lockerbie at 19:03:36 GMT. It plunged nearly six miles to the ground in 46.5 seconds, horribly."
Twelve years later, two Libyans accused of the attack that killed 270 people finally came to trial, 5/03/2000. After years of diplomatic wrangling and painstaking investigations, the trial began in Camp Zeist, Netherlands. The families of victims brought high emotion into the court as the explosion was described. Investigators named the suspects, Abdel Basset Ali al-Megrahi and Lamen Khalifa Fhimah after years of sifting through the evidence and following it's trail. Both pleaded innocent, trying to lay the blame on two Palestinian groups.
On 1/31/2001, the Lockerbie case closed with a split decision. A Scottish court sitting in the neutral territory of the Netherlands convicted Libyan intelligence officer Abdel
Basset Ali al-Megrahi, former head of Libyan aviation security, of the murder of 270 people in the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland while co-defendant Lamen Khalifa Fhimah was acquitted due to insufficient evidence.
- compare to chart of Pescatore, Mike (born 6 September 1955)
- compare to chart of O'Connor, Daniel (born 22 September 1957)
- compare to chart of Smith, Cynthia Joan (born 6 October 1967)
- compare to chart of Jones, Christopher (born 1 June 1968)
- compare to chart of Kelly, Julianne Frances (born 27 June 1968)
- compare to chart of Colasanti, Leonard Gary (born 1 August 1968)
- compare to chart of Philipps, Sarah (born 15 August 1968)
- compare to chart of Boulanger, Elise Nicole (born 28 October 1967)
- compare to chart of Johnson, Mary (born 14 June 1963)
- compare to chart of Lincoln, Wendy A. (born 21 January 1965)
Caroline Gerard, precise time of explosion
- Mundane : Political : Terrorist attacks (Pan-Am #103)
- Mundane : Disasters : Deranged Actions (Aircraft espionage)