|born on||26 May 1893 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Jersey City NJ, USA, 40n43, 74w04|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°31' 21°28 Asc. 11°04'|
American actress of silent screen, vaudeville, radio, film and stage, the oldest of the three Talmadge sisters who were promoted by their stage determined mother. Her career as a star began to take shape after she married producer Joseph Schenck, who began managing her career in 1916. In 1934 she divorced Schenck and married George Jessel; divorced 1939. Her third marriage was to a Beverly Hills physician.
Talmadge reached a peak in the early '20s and was ranked among the most popular screen idols. Her specialty of intense breast-heaving suffering melodramas kept audiences drawn to the box office. She tried making the transition to sound movies, but after two disheartening attempts, she retired to live off her sizable fortune.
She died of a cerebral stroke and pneumonia, Las Vegas, NV. 12/24/1957.
- sibling relationship with Talmadge, Constance (born 19 April 1898)
Church of Light quotes Motion Picture Almanac 1931 for May 6, 1893; however the Film Encyclopedia and most other sources give May 26, 1893. PT changed the date, assuming a typo, in August 2004
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Silent movies)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville)