|Birthname||John Michael Stipe|
|born on||4 January 1960 at 00:26 (= 12:26 AM )|
|Place||Atlanta, Georgia (US), 33n45, 84w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°52' 24°40 Asc. 08°25'|
American musician, lead singer with the group R.E.M. (Rapid Eye Movement), which was formed in Athens, Georgia in 1980. He joined Peter Buck on guitar, Bill Berry on drums and Mike Mills on bass for their concert debut on 5 April 1980. The group put out their first single the following year and quickly began moving up the charts. The group honed an "atmospheric, jangly pop sound often reminiscent of the Byrds," toured relentlessly, then issued their debut single "Radio Free Europe" in mid-1981. R.E.M.'s first full-length album, 1983's "Murmur," cemented their favorable reputation with critics. "Reckoning" in 1984 reached the Top 30. They moved into a position of being arguably the most influential rock band of the ‘80s and ‘90s, widely acknowledged among the chief inspirations behind a new generation of artists.
Stipe expanded his horizons into film, not only as an actor but as a producer. In 1999, he co-produced "Being John Malkovich," leading to further films in a wide range. He operates two film companies for low-budget productions, bi-coastal, both run by his parent company. R.E.M. put out a new album in 2001, "Reveal," a smooth combination of lush melodies and high-tech production. The members are a bit weathered after 21 years together: Stipe is bald with a blue brick tattooed on his right hand, Buck’s a little paunchy and Mills is looking middle-aged, but their music has ripened into its own niche.
In 2001, Stipe says he's "phenomenally overworked" but happy. Finally coming out of the closet, he says he's been "in a relationship with an amazing man" (a non-celebrity) for about three years and is now more comfortable with his sexuality. Formerly very private, he is now able to describe himself as a "queer artist."
Stipe and his artist partner Thomas Dozol were spotted in early 2015 wearing wedding bands.
- business associate/partner relationship with Berry, Bill (born 31 July 1958)
- business associate/partner relationship with Buck, Peter (born 6 December 1956)
- business associate/partner relationship with Mills, Mike (born 17 December 1958)
- friend relationship with Smith, Patti (born 30 December 1946). Notes: also collaborators
- Social : Joined group 1980 (Formed R.E.M.)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 5 April 1980 in Athens (Concert debut)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sandra Rozhon on Zodiac Zephyr 5/2001 quotes a visitor to the site who said the data was from Courtney Love, who got the data from Stipe to Cobain.
On 24 April 2015 S.C. provided the following: "Further supporting data, in U.S. publication "Esquire", June 2001 issue, Stipe himself mentions Libra rising in his chart while interviewed." . Scroll down in article: "He talked about astrology and how it pertains to the song "Saturn Return." He said that he was a Capricorn, which is usually "the CPA of the zodiac," but that his own birthdate was dignified--given creativity--by a Pisces moon, with Libra rising."
- Traits : Personality : Attention seeking (Tattoo on right hand)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (R.E.M.)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Production jobs