|Birthname||Francis Albert Sinatra|
|born on||12 December 1915 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Hoboken, New Jersey, 40n45, 74w02|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°13' 05°07 Asc. 28°22'|
American legendary superstar of a singing career as well as TV and movies. He started as a copyboy at a local newspaper and organized his own band, "The Hoboken Four" that appeared on radio and small nightclub performances. He struck out on his own in the early '40s and emerged as an idol of all bobby-soxer's across America, soon becoming dubbed as "The Voice."
His popularity declined in 1952 and he begged Columbia to sign him in a movie. He was cast in "From Here to Eternity" which won him an Oscar and launched him into a film career of over 63 films, some of which he co-produced. He has been honored with the "Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award" in 1971, in 1983 he was the recipient of the "Kennedy Center" honors for life achievement and in 1985 was awarded the "Medal of Freedom" by President Ronald Reagan, the highest civilian honor available.
Sinatra's voice was in top form when he launched an enormously successful concert tour with Sammy Davis, Jr. and Lisa Minnelli in 1993. By this time, he had accumulated a fortune that he invested in a diversity of business ventures; everything from real estate and industry to gambling casinos and racetracks. Sinatra has often been criticized for association with underworld figures.
Labeled "ol' blue-eyes," Sinatra is one of the wealthiest men in the entertainment industry. He is noted for his volatility as well as his kind hearted philanthropy.
He has been married four times; first wife Nancy Barbato gave him three children and they divorced in 1951. He married Ava Gardner in 1951 just weeks after the finalization of his divorce from Nancy, and that marriage lasted until 1957. His third marriage was to Mia Farrow, 1966-1968, followed by his last marriage in 1976 to Barbara Marx, the widow of Zeppo Marx.
Sinatra has suffered with acute diverticulitis in 1986, a couple of skin cancers and other physical complaints as he grows older. A tribute was made to him on the 1998 Music Awards presentations in early 1998. Though he was no longer performing, the industry and the public expressed a great appreciation for one of the 20th century's outstanding talents.
He died of a heart attack 5/16/1998.
- associate relationship with Riddle, Nelson (born 1 June 1921)
- friend relationship with Lawford, Peter (born 7 September 1923)
- parent->child relationship with Sinatra, Frank Jr. (born 10 January 1944)
- parent->child relationship with Sinatra, Tina (born 20 June 1948)
- child->parent relationship with Sinatra, Natalina (born 26 December 1896)
- spouse relationship with Farrow, Mia (born 9 February 1945). Notes: Bitter
- spouse relationship with Gardner, Ava (born 24 December 1922). Notes: Bitter very
- Work : Prize 1935 (Wins Major Bowes Amateur Hour)
- Social : Joined group 1940 (Joins the Tommy Dorsey band)
- Work : New Job 1940 (Began his Hollywood career)
- Work : Prize 1953 (Oscar award for "From Here to Eternity")
- Relationship : End significant relationship 29 October 1953 (Separation from Ava)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property January 1954 (Bought 2% of Sands Hotel in Vegas)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Gain social status 25 March 1954 (From Here to Eternity won eight Oscars)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1957 (From Ava Gardner)
- Family trauma 1963 (Son Frank Jr. kidnapped, held for ransom, released)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1968 (From Mia Farrow)
- Work : Prize 1971 (The Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1972 (Met Barbara Marx)
- Work : Prize 1983 (Kennedy Center Honors for life achievement)
- Work : Prize 1985 (Medal of Freedom)
- Health : Acute illness 1986 (Diverticulitis)
- Work : Prize 1996 (Won his 11th Grammy)
- Work : Prize 1998 (Tribute on Billboard Music Awards)
Lynne Palmer quotes his dad
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Quick, explosive)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Skin)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bowel (Diverticulitis)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Intestine)
- Family : Childhood : Only child
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many lovers)
- Personal : Birth : Difficult birth (Breech)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Multiple business investments)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Co-producer)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Music (Performer, singer, stage personna)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Eleven)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar ("From Here To Eternity")
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Medal of Freedom and Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection