|born on||10 December 1554 (greg.) at 04:38:28 (= 04:38:28 AM )|
|Place||Penshurst, England, 51n11, 0w11|
|Timezone||LMT m0w11 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°41' 25°22 Asc. 10°44'|
British courier, traveler, poet, patron, soldier and Governor of Flushing in the Netherlands. He was the embodiment of "the complete gentleman" in the classic sense, remembered for his sonnets and romances.
Born into the advantages of upper-class England, he was educated at Christ Church in Oxford and traveled extensively with his father and uncle, Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester. Queen Elizabeth sent him on a royal mission to Germany in 1577, the first of many such assignments. Exiled from the Queen and her court because of his letter written against her possible marriage, he devoted himself to writing, 1578-1583. With the first of his important Elizabethan sonnet sequences, he regained the Queen's favor and was knighted in 1583.
Sidney married Frances Walshingham in 1583 and Queen Elizabeth stood as godmother to their only child, daughter Elizabeth, born in 1585.
Appointed the Governor of Flushing in 1585, he then became general of the Cavalry and sent to assist the Dutch in the war against Spain. At the battle of Zutphen, he was wounded on 9/22/1586, and died 10/17/1586, Arnheim. All of his works were published posthumously.
- parent relationship with Sidney, Henry (born 30 July 1529 (greg.))
- Social : Begin a program of study 1567 (Entered Christ Church, Oxford)
- Work : New Job 1577 (Sent to Germany by the Queen)
- Work : Lose social status 1579 (Letter written to Queen bans him from court)
- Work : Gain social status 1583 (Knighted by Queen Elizabeth)
- Relationship : Marriage 1583 (Frances Walsingham)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1585 (Daughter Elizabeth born)
- Work : New Job 1585 (Governor of Flushing, Netherland)
Modern Astrology 5/1917 quotes family archives (November 30, 1554 OS, 4:45 AM LAT)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (The complete gentleman)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Nobility)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Eldest son)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (To Frances)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter, only child)
- Vocation : Military : Killed
- Vocation : Military : Military career (General under Leicester)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Governor of Flushing)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (Sonnets)