|Birthname||Alfred Rupert Sheldrake|
|born on||28 June 1942 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Newark-Upon-Trent, England, 53n05, 0w49|
|Timezone||GDWT h2e (is double war time)|
|Astrology data||06°18' 08°36 Asc. 14°52'|
British scientist, a biologist and psychologist; the author of numerous books such as "Dogs that Know When their Owners are Coming Home, and Other Unexplained Powers of Animals," 1999, "The Evolutionary Mind," 1998, "The Presence of the Past," 1988, and "A New Science of Life," 1981.
Born into a family of devout Methodists, Sheldrake was educated in an Anglican boarding school. For much of his childhood, he felt torn between the traditions of his Protestant family and the trappings of Catholicism, but he eventually deemed himself an atheist. His interest in living things - plants and animals - was evident from an early age, and his father, an amateur naturalist himself, encouraged his son’s interest. He received his Ph.D. in biochemistry from Cambridge in 1967, and was a Director of Studies in biochemistry at Clare College until 1973. He attended Harvard where he studied philosophy.
Sheldrake took a position as Principal Plant Physiologist for a firm in India where he worked from 1974-78. His job involved the physiology of tropical legume crops, and he stayed on with the company as a consultant until 1985. For one and one-half years during this period, he lived at the ashram of Fr Bede Griffiths where he wrote his first book and spent much time studying Eastern religions, a study that eventually led him back to the Christian tradition he formerly had rejected.
Sheldrake married Jill Purce, who shares many of his interests; they have two sons.
- Social : End a program of study 1967 (Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cambridge University)
- Work : New Job 1974 (Physiologist, India, four years)
- Work : New Job 1978 (Company consultant, seven years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (Book released)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 (Book released)
Linda Clark quotes him, "around 6:00 PM"
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Vocation : Business : Consultant
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist
- Vocation : Science : Biology
- Vocation : Science : Chemistry (Biochemistry)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction