|Birthname||Harry Donald Secombe|
|born on||8 September 1921 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Swansea, Wales, 51n38, 3w57|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||15°14' 07°16 Asc. 10°38'|
British entertainer known as "the nicest man in British show business." Secombe was a co-creator of the "Goon Show" along with Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers and Michael Bentine. The anarchical, demented comedy show ran on radio in the early '50s into the '60s.
Secombe was knighted for his charitable works, after which we would say, "Call me Sir Cumference," alluding to his portly build. He died in Guildford, Surrey on April 11, 2001 of prostate cancer. He was 79.
- business associate/partner relationship with Bentine, Michael (born 26 January 1922). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goons"
David Fisher quotes Secombe's autobiography "Arias and Tasberries," p.11, "mid-day."
- Traits : Body : Weight (Portly, overweight)
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (prostate cancer)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Radio comedy show)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted