|born on||5 May 1964 at 14:15 (= 2:15 PM )|
|Place||Brisbane, Australia, 27s28, 153e02|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°42' 17°32 Asc. 15°48'|
Australian pro astrologer; vegetarian; gay; writing a book on homosexuality in the horoscope.
Sy is Eurasian and well traveled in Hong Kong, Beijing, Sydney, London, speaking fluent Chinese. He recognized his homosexuality from the time he was a kid of five or six and was always open, challenging homophobia wherever he found it.
A postgraduate student, he writes as a cultural analyst and media reviewer for M/C, an on-line journal at the University of Queensland. He holds a B.A. in Modern Asian Studies, 1994 and a B.A. with Honors (in Lesbian and Gay/Gender studies) in the Arts-Humanities from Griffith University, 1997. In 1994, Simon compiled "Queer Gravity," one of the first magazines produced for and by queer students to be distributed nationally through the annual conference of the Australian students group, Queer Collaborations.
As hobbies, Simon works crosswords, swims, practices Hatha yoga, mountain-treks, watches queer films, surfs the 'net and is a veggie chef. In 1989 he appeared as a gangster in the film, "Casino Raiders."
On June 30, 2004 at 12:01 AM in Brisbane, he and his family were awakened by a terrible noise, a freak accident, in which a car crossed two lanes of traffic and careened into their house. Luckily no one was badly hurt.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Appeared in film, "Casino Raiders")
- Social : End a program of study 1994 (B.A. in Modern Asian Studies)
- Work : Start Business 1994 (Started magazine)
- Social : End a program of study 1997 (B.A. Arts-Humanities Degree)
- Health : Violent trauma 30 June 2004 at 12:01 PM in Brisbane, Australia (car careened into the house)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes him by letter: his website is www.syscholfield.com
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Traits : Body : Race (Chinese-Dutch-Anglo)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Working on doctorate 2001)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Crossword puzzles, yoga)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Swimming, mountaineering)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Buddhism)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Challenges homophobia)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Queer magazine)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Writing a book on homosexuality)