|born on||7 April 1922 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Erfurt, Germany, 50n58, 11e01|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°38' 12°56 Asc. 22°19'|
German numerologist and scholar of Muslim culture. She wrote an important book on numerology entitled "The Mystery of Numbers," Oxford Univ. Press, 1993. In 1993, Schimmel was Professor of Indo-Muslim Culture at Harvard University. She has written extensively on Muslim culture, including a book on the Prophet Muhammad, "And Muhammad Is His Messenger," Univ. of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, 1985. She died at age 80 on January 26, 2003, in Bonn, Germany.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Release of book on Muslim culture)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1993 (Release of numerology book)
- Work : New Job 1993 (Cultural professor, Harvard University)
- Work : Prize 1995 (Friedenspreis des Deutschen Buchhandels, against widespread protest because she had expressed understanding for the campaign against Salman Rushdie's 'Satanic Verses')
In July 2005, Larry Ely writes: "She wrote a book on numerology (The Mystery of Numbers, Oxford U. Press, 1992), which I have. There on page 127 on the first
chapter dealing with the meaning of the number 7, she says she was born on the 7th of the month at 7 A.M."
Original entry gave birth data as April 17, 1922 with a source listed as "Larry Ely quotes data given in "Contemporary Authors," Vol 132, Gale Research, Inc., Detroit 1991, p.370. [PT notes, however, that Gale Group as of 2005 is showing her day of birth as the 7th, not the 17th.] Her birth time is given as 7:00 AM "The Mystery of Numbers*, Oxford Univ. Press, NY, 1993, p. 127).
She gives her birth time in the opening sentence of the chapter on the number 7. We know that in European countries at this time, birth times were given to the nearest quarter of an hour."
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (80 years)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (Muslim culture)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Numerologist
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Numerology, Muslim culture)