|born on||18 June 1926 at 03:35 (= 03:35 AM )|
|Place||Iowa City IA, USA, 41n39, 91w31|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°23' 25°38 Asc. 10°50'|
American astronomer and scientist who developed the theory of a continually expanding and contracting universe. His research led him to theorize that the universe was at least 25 billion years old and went through a series of periods of 80 billion years. Sandage was the astronomer for Mt. Wilson Observatory 1952, moving to Santa Barbara 1952-1956, becoming the staff astronomer in 1956 at Hale Observatory. In 1963 he made significant discoveries and was honored with awards. He achieved his PhD. in 1953.
Sandage married in 1959, they had two sons.
Suffering from pancreatic cancer, he died on November 13, 2010 at his home in San Gabriel, CA.
- Work : New Job 1952 (Mt. Wilson Observatory)
- Family : Change residence 1952 (Santa Barbara)
- Work : New Job 1956 (Astronomer at Hale Observatory)
- Work : Prize 1963 (Awards for his discoveries)
- Social : End a program of study 1953 (Achieved his PhD.)
- Relationship : Marriage 1959
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (For his discoveries)
- Vocation : Science : Astronomy (Noted scientist)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal pancreatic cancer)