|born on||22 July 1895 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Graz, Austria, 47n05, 15e27|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°04' 28°10 Asc. 04°39'|
Austrian conductor whose interpretations of the works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart marked an entire generation. He conducted the world premiere of the opera-oratorio "Moses and Aron" in 1954. A sensational success, he undertook the task with only eight days notice. Rosbaud was a leading figure in European music from the late 1920s until 1962 and was internationally respected. Although he made few commercial recordings, he was the recipient of numerous awards and honors.
Rosbaud’s mother was an accomplished pianist who personally handled her son’s early musical training. He studied classical languages and culture and attended Music Society School in Graz. Eventually he enrolled at the Hochschen Conservatory in Frankfurt am Main where he distinguished himself as a pianist, composer and conductor. His professional career began in 1921 in Mainz. From a group of 80 candidates, he was chosen to become the director of the municipal school of music as well as to conduct their symphony concerts, which he did until 1930. He was senior director of music at Frankfurt Radio until 1937. In 1945, he became artistic director of the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra. He took the same position at South-West Germany Radio Orchestra in 1948 and was instrumental in making it one of the best contemporary music ensembles. He was active as its conductor until his death on 12/29/1962, Lugano.
- Death, Cause unspecified 29 December 1962 (Age 67)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1954 (Conducted world premiere of "Moses and Aron")
- Work : New Career 1921 (Began conducting)
- Work : New Job 1937 (Senior director of music, Frankfurt Radio)
- Work : New Job 1945 (Artistic director Munich Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Work : New Job 1948 (Artistic director So-West Germany Radio Orchestra)
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (Noted conductor)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Radio orchestra, artistic director)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Director of municipal school of music)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Numerous awards and honors)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Pianist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Mom supported music interests)