|born on||2 May 1942 at 16:45 (= 4:45 PM )|
|Place||Gent, Belgium, 51n03, 3e43|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||11°33' 05°28 Asc. 26°21'|
Belgian orthopedic surgeon and former Olympic sailor; an executive; named the new President of the International Olympic Committee on 7/16/2001.
Rogge’s father and grandfather were both involved in professional sports. His grandfather was a turn-of-the-century cyclist, and his father was a track and field athlete as well as a rower. Sailing was his father’s choice of a recreational activity, and, as a result, Rogge began sailing when he was only three or four years old. After completing his early education, he attended the Université Libre in Brussels and the University of Ghent, earning a Doctor of Medicine and specializing in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery. He sailed his way to a world championship, and then went on to sail in three Olympics, 1968 in Mexico, 1972 in Munich and 1976 in Montreal. Although at one point he was ranked between eighth and 12th in the world, his best finish was 14th place, achieved during the Munich Games. Additionally he played rugby for the Belgian National Team for approximately ten years.
Rogge became President of the European Olympic Games in 1989, a position he held until his appointment to the IOC. His commitment to the integrity of the Games is strong, and he plans to fight any sort of corruption in order to defend the values of the sport itself.
Rogge is married to Anne Bovyn; they have two children.
- Work : Gain social status 1968 (Sailed in the Mexico Olympics)
- Work : Gain social status 1972 at 12:00 midnight in Munich, Germany (Sailed in the Munich Olympics)
- Work : Gain social status 1976 at 12:00 midnight in Montreal, Canada (Sailed in the Montreal Olympics)
- Work : New Job 1989 (President of European Olympic Games)
- Work : Gain social status 16 July 2001 in Moscow (President of the International Olympic Committee)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bordoni quotes B.C. given in Demain magazine 8/1977
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Doctorate)
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Dad and granddad)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (President, Olympic committees)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician (Sports medicine specialist)
- Vocation : Medical : Surgeon (Orthopedic)
- Vocation : Sports : Sailing/ Boating (Olympian contender)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World Championship sailor)