|born on||4 October 1941|
|Place||New Orleans LA, USA, 29n57, 90w04|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°07' or|
American writer, famed for "Interview With a Vampire," published 1976, and other sensual books of the occult. Married 10/14/1961; two kids; the first one died in 1972, at age 5, from leukemia. Earned her B.A. in 1964, worked at many jobs from waitress to insurance claims office. Catholic.
Her husband, Stan Rice, a poet and artist, died from brain cancer in December 2002. They were "madly, totally in love" and married for 41 years.
In 2003, she lost 103 pounds as a result of gastric bypass surgery in January that year.. At 5'2" and diabetic, she once weighed 255 pounds, having battled weight gain since her son was born in 1978, and gaining steadily since 1996. In 1998, she fell into a diabetic coma and knew she had to do something about her weight. When she read of Al Roker's gastric bypass surgery in 2002, she realized that she needed to do the same.
- child relationship with Rice, Christopher (born 11 March 1978)
- Death of Child 1972 (daughter Michelle died of leukemia)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1978 (son Christopher was born)
- Health : Decumbiture 1998 (diabetic coma)
- Family trauma 1972 (child died)
Date from "Contemporary Authors" Vol 12; time unknown. Her birth name was Howard Allen O'Brien, the daughter of Katherine Allen and Howard O'Brien. She named herself Anne on her first day of school.
Sy Scholfield quotes Zodiacal Zephyr for same date, Mercy Hospital, New Orleans, 8:05 AM CST, given as B.C. Sandra Rohzon responded that the data was submitted by someone visiting the website who gave no name and no source.
Sarah Stargaze writes on the 'net, 5/2000, "I met Anne Rice a few years ago at a book signing. I told her that I was an astrologer and asked for her birth data. She gave me place and date, then said, 'Theres no one alive that would remember my birth time.'"
Storm Cestavani writes (12/2000), "Anne Rice's secretary phoned me this evening as I requested her birthdata. I am a member of her book club. She informed me that Anne does not know her birthtime nor is it documented anywhere and her mother is deceased. She thanked me for the interest and said that Astrologers in the past have attempted to procure her data, yet unfortunatly she does not have it."
Debbi Kempton-Smith quotes a friend who asked Rice for her time of birth and Rice said "2:00 PM." This is not conclusive without documentation.
Bob Marks' website displays the chart with 8 Scorpio rising (8:01 AM) but with no data, nor does any of his charts show data or source. He writes (2/08/2001), "I got the data from an article in American Astrology magazine a few years ago. I'm tied up with work right now (plus Mercury is retrograde) but I'll look through my old issues in a few days and see if I can find the exact source."
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Erotic
- Vocation : Writers : Metaphysics/ Parapsychology
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Traits : Body : Weight (maximum 255 pounds; gastric bypass surgery)