|Birthname||Michael Trent Reznor|
|born on||17 May 1965 at 23:53 (= 11:53 PM )|
|Place||New Castle (Lawrence County), Pennsylvania, 41n0, 80w21|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||27°00' 27°16 Asc. 10°55'|
American musician, lead singer for "Nine Inch Nails." A convoluted individual, he was abused for years with incest by his mom, and many of the group’s themes center on dark S&M subject matter.
Reznor began studying piano when he was five years old and later taught himself to play both the tuba and saxophone. When his parents divorced in 1970, he went to live with his maternal grandparents. He attended Allegheny College in Pennsylvania where he studied computer engineering before moving to Cleveland in 1987. There he worked with several bands, finally achieving minor fame with the group, "Problems." In 1988, he formed his own band, "Nine Inch Nails (NIN)," and although their first album, "Industrial Nation," was never released, their second effort, "Pretty Hate Machine," 1990, was quite successful. Using his own feelings of alienation and his memories of being an "outsider" as a child, he channeled his own pain into the music, resulting in a product that, although controversial, is considered quite memorable. Always restless, he kept personal control himself of all the writing and production.
Reznor and his manager, John Malm, formed their own record label, "Nothing Records," in 1992 and released "Broken," for which Reznor received his first Grammy. He won his second Grammy in 1996 for "Happiness in Slavery." He produced the soundtrack for Oliver Stone’s film, "Natural Born Killers," an imaginative but disturbing mix of music and dialogue.
Unmarried, Reznor had a brief affair with Courtney Love, musician Kurt Cobain’s widow, during the mid-1990s.
- lover relationship with Love, Courtney (born 9 July 1964). Notes: brief physical relationship in September 1994, during Hole/Nine Inch Nails tour
- Family : Parents divorced 1970
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1 August 1970 (Sister born, Tera Lynn)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change residence 1987 (To Cleveland)
- Social : Joined group 1988 (Formed the group "Nine Inch Nails")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Second album released)
- Work : Start Business 1992 (Recording business "Nothing Records")
- Work : Prize 1992 (First Grammy Award)
- Work : Prize 1996 (Second Grammy Award)
Muriel Hastings quotes Courtney Love, from Reznor
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Incest (Victimized by mom)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Raised by maternal grandparents)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Musical group)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Nine Inch Nails)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Tuba, sax)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Lead singer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Production jobs (Soundtrack production)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Two)