|Birthname||Reinhold, Edward Ernest Jr.|
|born on||21 May 1957 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Wilmington DE, USA, 39n44, 75w32|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||00°32' 02°33 Asc. 28°53'|
American comedy film actor best known for his roles as Eddie Murphy's dim-witted sidekick in "Beverly Hills Cop" and a bumbling kidnapper in "Ruthless People," with Danny DeVito and Bette Midler.
He was nicknamed Judge at the age of two weeks because he looked like a somber high prelate. He never had a warm relationship with his stern dad, Edward Sr., who worked as a labor relations attorney for Du Pont. His close relationship with his mom, Regina, still continues. After sitting in on drama classes in four East Coast colleges, the tall, lean and gawky Reinhold performed in local and regional theaters, including Burt Reynolds' Dinner Theater in Florida. He moved to Los Angeles in 1977 and began to get bits on TV.
He started working in films in 1979 with a debut in "Running Scared." For the most part, he was either ignored, as in "Stripes" or cut, as in "Gremlins." After going unnoticed in five movies, he suddenly turned scene-stealer as Eddie Murphy's simple-witted sidekick in "Beverly Hills Cop," 1984 and its sequel in 1987. His film, "Off Beat," with Meg Tilley enjoyed only modest success. In 1986 he played an unlikely kidnapper in "Ruthless People" and became known as a marketable commodity.
On the set, Reinhold is so concentrated, so intent on giving his utmost that he seldom hangs out, not to mention joke around. "I'm a worrier," he says with a smile, "and I've finally learned to accept it as part of my creative process - that's how I work myself up to a place where I'm open to all the possibilities."
Reinhold married casting director Carrie Frazier in November 1985. It was she who helped get him the part of the gawky kid in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." "Deep down," he admits, "I'm a hopeless romantic." After a divorce, he married 30-year-old model Amy Miller on 1/08/2000 in Scott, AR.
- Family : Change residence 1977 (Moved to L.A.)
- Work : New Job 1979 (Film debut in "Running Scared")
- Work : Gain social status 1984 (Noted film "Beverly Hills Cop")
- Relationship : Marriage 1985 (Carrie Frazier)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1986 (Appeared in "Ruthless People")
Patricia Lyons quotes him 4/1994, family information
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Comedy film, TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Local and regional)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Nicknamed Judge because of somber features)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Traits : Personality : Perfectionist