|Birthname||Reid, Charles Stobo|
|born on||5 March 1962 at 20:05 (= 8:05 PM )|
|Place||Leith, Scotland, 55n58, 3w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°46' 06°13 Asc. 07°25'|
Scottish singer-songwriter with twin brother Craig in the group, "The Proclaimers."
Charlie and his twin brother, Craig, grew up in Edinburgh, Cornwall and Auchtermuchty in Fife. The teenage twins were rabid music fans with diverse music influences. At school they formed punk bands and eventually started The Proclaimers in 1983 and built up a fervent following in the local pubs. People liked and identified with these two young men whose straight but individualistic songs opened the listener’s ears and heart.
Their television debut came on 1/30/1987 and was immediately followed by a contract with Chrysallis Records in London, a world tour and a No.3 hit in the U.K. In 1988 they added a full band to their performances. Craig and Charlie made their first trip to North America, touring extensively and fulfilling a lifetime’s ambition.
They released an album in November 1990 that was used as the soundtrack for an Australian film, "The Crossing." The Reids' seventh single went Top Ten in the U.K. A year later Craig and Charlie traveled to Nashville to record some covers with Barry Beckett of the legendary Muscle Shoals rhythm section. One of their songs became the theme song in an American film and climbed to No. 3 in the U.S. in the summer of 1993.
A gold album and gold single from the U.S. followed. Their next album wasn’t released until the fall of 1994 due to personal upheavals and a desire to put out their best work. Another year of touring and a Top 20 hit in the U.K came in 1994. The Proclaimers contributed versions of two songs for American movies. Most of 1995-99 was spent with family, recording and performing infrequently.
Charlie Reid divorced and remarried in about 1993. His second son was born the same year.
- sibling relationship with Reid, Craig (born 5 March 1962). Notes: Twin
- Social : Joined group 1983 (Formed "The Proclaimers")
- Social : Joined group 1988 (Formed full band to their group)
- Work : Gain social status 1993 (Single makes No.3 in U.S.)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1994 (Tour and album)
- Misc. : Waiting/ On Hold 1995 (Four year hiatus from recording/performing)
- Relationship : Marriage 1993 (Second marriage)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1993 (Second son born)
Pulsar No.4 quotes B.C.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Proclaimers)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twins)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International tours-performances)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest appearance)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical duo-group)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loss of job (Four year hiutus for family)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Gold album and gold single)