|Birthname||John Robert Rietz, Jr.|
|born on||19 October 1932 at 20:43 (= 8:43 PM )|
|Place||Highland Park (Lake County), Illinois, 42n11, 87w48|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°30' 27°08 Asc. 04°01'|
American actor best known for being the paterfamilias Mike Brady in the TV series "The Brady Bunch," a silly, corny and endearing show which ran from 1969-1974. He was also in such TV mega-hits as "The Defenders," from 1961 to 1965 and "Mannix," along with top roles in two big miniseries, "Rich Man, Poor Man," and "Roots."
Reed grew up as John Robert Rietz, an only child on a turkey farm in Muskogee, Ok. He built up a resume of hard-earned theatrical credentials, including studies at Northwestern University and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. He also did a number of Shakespeare roles in New York, as well as works by Eugene O'Neill in the '50s.
He was vocal about disliking "The Brady Bunch," and after the series ended in 1974, played in the 1981-1982 series "Nurse," before his stage role in "Deathtrap" on Broadway in 1982. He taught Shakespearean acting classes at UCLA up until his death in 1992.
Reed was married in 1959 briefly to dancer Marilyn Rosenberg; they had a daughter, Karen and divorced in 1969. A closet gay, he cruised the Hollywood gay bars and clubs where he contacted AIDS. In November 1991 he was diagnosed with a tumor and he died of colon cancer from AIDS on 5/12/92, Hollywood. His daughter Karen was with him at his death.
- business associate/partner relationship with Davis, Ann B. (born 3 May 1926). Notes: Co-stars on "The Brady Bunch"
- business associate/partner relationship with Henderson, Florence (born 14 February 1934). Notes: Co-stars on "The Brady Bunch"
- Relationship : Marriage 1949 (Marilyn Rosenberg)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 26 September 1969 ("The Brady Bunch" TV series debut broadcast)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
(Ray Mahdak quotes him for 9:30 AM in MH 10/76)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Aids
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Marilyn Rosenberg)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One brief marriage)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual (Closet gay)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Took a screen name)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (The Brady Bunch)