|born on||30 January 1937 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Blackheath, England, 51n12, 0w31|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°28' 29°03 Asc. 24°05'|
British actress and noted family, the daughter of actor Sir Michael Redgrave (born 3/20/1908, Bristol) and his wife, actress Rachel Kempson (born 5/28/1910, Dartmouth), a distinguished theatrical family. A third-generation actress, she was a tall, gawky kid, 5'11", who gained poise with three years drama training. Her career began to move ahead after 1957, with a Cannes Film Festival Award for "Morgan." In 1978 she won an Oscar as Best Supporting Actress in "Julia."
Redgrave married director Tony Richardson (born 6/05/1928, Shipley, Yorkshire) from 1962-1968; two daughters. He was bi-sexual and later died of AIDS. She lived with co-star Franco Nero; one son 1969. A political activist and rebel, she was often involved in confrontations and demonstrations. She did not work in Hollywood for years due to making her academy acceptance into a political statement. Redgrave has never been one to conform to anyone's expectations.
As of 1998, she is relishing the successes of her children: filmmaker Carlo Nero and actresses Joely and Natasha Richardson. These days you are as likely to see her in an action thriller such as "Deep Impact" as in a serious drama such as "Mrs. Dalloway."
Her daughter, actress Natasha Richardson, died on March 19, 2009; a year later, her brother Corin died on April 6, 2010. A few weeks later her sister Lynn died of cancer.
- lover relationship with Nero, Franco (born 23 November 1941)
- sibling relationship with Redgrave, Corin (born 16 July 1939)
- child relationship with Richardson, Natasha (born 11 May 1963)
- sibling relationship with Redgrave, Lynn (born 8 March 1943)
- child relationship with Redgrave, Lynn (born 8 March 1943)
- Work : Prize 1957 (Cannes Film Festival Award)
- Relationship : Marriage 1962 (Tony Richardson six years)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1969 (Son born by Franco Nero)
- Work : Prize 1978 (Best Supporting Actress Oscar)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 (Release of thriller "Deep Impact")
Rachel Kempson, Lady Redgrave "Life Among the Redgraves" p.122.
Autobiography: "Vanessa Redgrave," Hutchinson, 1991.
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Supporting actress)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters and one son)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sister and brother also actors)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of three)
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly (Outspoken)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Tony bi-sexual, later died of AIDS)
- Traits : Body : Size (5 ' 11")