|born on||25 October 1941 at 17:50 (= 5:50 PM )|
|Place||Melbourne, Australia, 37s49, 144e58|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°31' 07°17 Asc. 20°58'|
Australian musician, a singer and actress who skyrocketed to superstardom in 1972 with her Grammy winning song, "I Am Woman," which became the anthem for the women's movement. She released ten gold and platinum record hits, including "Angie Baby," "Delta Dream," and "You and Me Against The World." For her second career, she appeared in the starring role in the Disney film "Pete's Dragon."
Reddy was born into an Australian show business family, the daughter of an actress and began performing professionally in vaudeville while still a kid. After winning a singing contest in Australia, she moved to the U.S. and cut her first single with Capitol Records. Experimenting on her own with songwriting, she put forth the international No.1 single "I Am Woman" in 1971, which launched her career into international success over the next decade.
Taking "down time" in the '80s, Reddy established her own company, "Helen Reddy, Inc.," to write and produce a film based on the settling of Australia, focusing on her ancestor who arrived there in the late 1700s on a convict ship from England. During this time period she explored occult teachings and has become a fervent believer in reincarnation.
With her solid success, Reddy returned to her theatrical roots in the '90s, appearing in Los Angeles, London and New York in musical productions including "Blood Brothers," "Call Me Madam," "The Mystery of Edwin Drood," and "Anything Goes." Expanding her talent, she starred in a touring company in the one-woman play "Shirley Valentine." "I like to work live. There's nothing quite like the thrill of a live audience. I like the element of risk."
In 1966, she won a trip to New York, where she met her first husband, Jerry Wald. Reddy made three marriages that all ended in divorce. She is the mother of two adult children, Traci and Jordan, and maintains homes in Santa Monica, CA and Rio de Janeiro.
In April 2001, Reddy made another major life change, selling her California home of 17 years and moving to tiny Norfolk Island, east of Australia. She's a certified hypnotist and hopes to become a pro hypnotherapist by the end of September, with a private practice and a private lifestyle.
- Social : Begin Travel 1966 (Won trip to New York)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1966 (Future husband, Jerry Wald)
LMR quotes a private source, from her. Vic Shaw had 6:00 PM from Reddy's sister, which she rectified to 5:50 PM independently of LMR
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (For I Am Woman)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater, musicals)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jerry Wald)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Australia to U.S.)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Alternative methods (Hypnotherapy)