|Birthname||O'Reed, Margaret Teresa Yvonne|
|born on||27 August 1916 at 23:55 (= 11:55 PM )|
|Place||Butte MT, USA, 46n00, 112w32|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°37' 29°43 Asc. 24°25'|
American entertainer, a zestful, boisterous comedienne with a huge, elastic mouth and zany antics. She was born in a charity ward, the daughter of touring vaudeville parents. She joined the family vaudeville act by the time she was three. By 13 she was a specialty singer with a band. Raye was a vet of stage and night clubs by 19 when she made her first film, 1935, after which she played in many minor roles. Her films include "Monsieur Verdoux," 1947 and "Airport," 1979, but her greatest acclaim always came from live entertainment, stage, Broadway, clubs and wartime tours with variety shows.
Raye married seven times, the last time on 9/23/1991 to 30-year-younger Mark Steven Harris (born 2/01/1949), 42 to her 75, after a three-week courtship in Las Vegas. She was in a wheelchair after a stroke, drinking a lot, lonely since being widowed two years before and estranged from her only child, Melodye, 47. She said that she was in love with him as he made her feel young and a woman, with sex for the first time in years. Her circulation problems worsened and her left leg was amputated below the knee in 1993. In her last few years she had eight strokes and both legs amputated, Parkinson's and cataracts. Her daughter said she had dementia in contesting Raye's will in which she left $1 million to her daughter and the rest to Harris. She died 10/19/1994, Los Angeles, CA of aspiration pneumonia. at 1:45pm She was 78.
- Death by Disease 19 October 1994 at 1:45 PM in Los Angeles, CA (Age 78, of aspiration pneumonia)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Career 1935 (Film debut)
- Health : Medical procedure 1993 (Left leg amputated below knee)
Yoe Stein quotes "Movie Magazine Story of her Life."
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Seven)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Parkinson's
- Traits : Body : Other body (Big mouth)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Vaudeville act age three, vet by 19)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Seventh husband 36 years younger)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter, estranged)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (Wheelchair after stroke, nine strokes)
- Family : Relationship : Other relationship (Three week courtship with Mark Harris)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Left $1 million for daughter)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Cataracts in later years)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Both legs amputated)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Legs (Legs amputated)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Alzheimer's/Senility (Daughter claimed she had dementia)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (After widowed)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Lusty up to old age)