|born on||10 April 1927 at 16:17 (= 4:17 PM )|
|Place||Kansas City, Missouri, 39n06, 94w35|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°03' 11°55 Asc. 20°11'|
American astrologer whose interest in astrology began when she was 15. She became most noted astrologer in America as Nancy Reagan's private astrologer from the early 1970s, which became public when Donald Regan's book came out in 1988. "For The Record" revealed for the first time that the Reagan's had an astrological advisor. The story broke in Time magazine 5/16/1988, where she was called "conservative, very private and a little wacky." She was introduced to Nancy Reagan by TV Talk Show Host Merv Griffin in the early '70s and began to work as Mrs. Reagan's in-house-astrologer in 1973.
A San Francisco heiress, she and her sister were the daughters of John B. Quigley, a hotelier. They grew up in the social milieu, living their lives in penthouse suites. Though both girls were noted for their beauty, neither married. Quigley began an active study of astrology after her graduation from Vassar. She wrote for Seventeen magazine and authored three books, including "Astrology for Teens" and "Astrology for Adults." She made regular radio and TV appearances. Her mom died 9/18/1986.
In 1995 she got her first computer, continuing her research and study on volumes of charts that she had formerly done by hand. Quigley sought to channel her talents and notoriety into a dot-com business in late 2001 but did not have the pull to draw in Silicon Valley venture capitalists. After spending two years working on an Internet company that would bring her personalized astrological predictions to the masses, but she hasn't yet been able to secure the $6 to $10 million she needs to develop her first products -- a personalized daily, monthly and yearly prediction service, for which she expects to charge a $15 a month subscription fee. She may have helped end the Cold War, but all the hints that the heavens can provide have not been enough to crack a venture capitalist's coffers in this cooling market.
- benefactor relationship with Reagan, Nancy (born 6 July 1921)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1943 (Began study of astrology)
- Work : New Job 1973 (Began work for Nancy Reagan)
- Work : New Job 1981 (Began work for Ronald Reagan)
Edna Rowland quotes Doris Chase Doane, from Quigley
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde)
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Wealth and privilege)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (One sister)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Family money)
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Urban penthouse suite)
- Lifestyle : Home : Same location lifetime (San Francisco)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Known for being Nancy Reagan's astrologer)