Porter, Bill (1932)
|Birthname||William Douglas Porter|
|born on||9 September 1932 at 02:20 (= 02:20 AM )|
|Place||San Francisco CA, USA, 37n46, 122w25|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°31' 10°57 Asc. 04°11'|
American salesman born with cerebral palsy who became the subject of an inspirational articles, a book and a movie. Despite his physical handicaps, Porter through persistence, hard work and talent became a top grossing door-to-door salesman for the Watkins Company. He broke a hip in 1998 and gave up his walking route. In 2002 a made-for-cable-TV movie, "Door to Door" was released starring William H. Macy as Porter.
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 1998 (Broken hip)
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 2002 (Movie made about his life)
From the book "Ten Things I Learned From Bill Porter" as submitted by Kathy Taylor. PT notes the quotation from the book (written by Shelly Brady) is "September 9, 1932 was the happiest day in the lives of Ernest and Irene Porter. The time was 2:20 AM, and they were the proud parents of a baby boy, William Douglas Porter" (p.13 paperback edition published by New World Library, 2004). Birthplace given on page 9.
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Traits : Personality : Courageous
- Personal : Birth : Defects, Handicaps
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury