|Birthname||Anne Paloma Picasso|
|born on||19 April 1949 at 19:45 (= 7:45 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°22' 25°10 Asc. 29°50'|
French designer and noted family. One of Pablo Picasso's three children, she emerged from her father's shadow as a trend-setter in style. She created a jewelry and perfume line from her own original and bold brand of chic. Over the years, her company enlarged their line to include a fragrance, eyewear, home accessories, fabrics and wallpaper. While in Paris, she helps to run the Musee Picasso, along with some acting and modeling.
A thin and petite woman, she was married to playwright-director Rafael Lopez-Cambil, who is also her business manager, for 26 years before they divorced in February 1999. They had built the fashion and perfume enterprise together up to an estimated yearly sales amount of some $825 million. Paloma had as well an inheritance of some $650 million from her father, making her altogether one of the world's wealthiest women. Rafael asked for - and got - half of her estate in the divorce settlement. There are no children.
Three months later she wed medical doctor Eric Thevennet in London.
In 1978, Paloma won a long legal battle in France to be recognized as an heir to her father's estate. Her parents had never married during their ten-year affair. Her mother, painter Françoise Gilot lived with Picasso from 1946-1953 and later married Dr. Jonas Salk in June 1970. Paloma shared her father's $1.1 billion dollar estate from his death in 1973 with her two siblings, Maia and Claude.
- parent relationship with Gilot, Françoise (born 26 November 1921)
- parent relationship with Picasso, Pablo (born 25 October 1881)
- Crime : Law suit 1978 (Won suit to be recognized as heir)
Aaron Fischer quotes Francoise Gilot, Paloma's mother, and Carlton Lake in "Life With Picasso, McGraw Hill, 1964, New York, p.222, "born toward eight that evening."
- Traits : Body : Size (Petite, thin)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad, mom)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage 26 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance ($650 million)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Financial crisis (Ex got half of estate from divorce)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Inheritance suit)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Jewelry and perfume lines)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Fragrance, eyewear, etc.)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Famous : Socialite
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection