Peterson, Russell Wilbur
|Birthname||Russell Wilbur Peterson|
|born on||3 October 1916 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Portage WI, USA, 43n32, 89w27|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°51' 26°17 Asc. 16°22'|
American politician and scientist, he was Governor of Delaware from 1969 to 1973.
Born the eighth of nine children, he went on to a distinguished career in chemistry. With his Ph.D. in chemistry earned in 1942, he landed a job with Dupont Corporation. Over his 26-year career in the field, he is credited with helping to develop dacron. In 1963 he became Vice President for Research and Development at the company. After working with a citizens group, however, he entered politics, winning election to the Governor's office in 1968. He served one term from January 1969 until 1973 and despite his previous affiliation with Dupont, his administration was environment-friendly. President Nixon later named him Chairman of the Council of Environmental Quality. An avid bird-watcher from early years, he was President of the National Audubon Society from 1979 to 1985.
He was married twice, first to Lillian Turner from 1937 until her death in 1994. They had four children together. He was married to June Jenkins from 1995 until his death.
He suffered a stroke and died a few hours later on February 21, 2011 in Centreville, DE.
- Relationship : Marriage 1937 (To Lillian Turner)
- Death of Mate 1994 (Lillian)
- Relationship : Marriage 1995 (To Jane Jenkins)
- Death by Disease 21 February 2011 (Stroke, age 94)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1979 (President of National Audubon Society)
- Work : Gain social status 1966 (Vice President of Research and Development at Dupont)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Governor of Delaware)
- Vocation : Science : Chemistry
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (Fatal)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Family : Childhood : Family large