|born on||14 July 1858 at 21:30 (= 9:30 PM )|
|Place||Manchester, England, 53n30, 2w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°04' 16°18 Asc. 18°39'|
British feminine social activist who founded the "Women's Franchise League" in 1889, working for her lifetime for women's rights.
Educated in Paris, she married Richard Marsden Pankhurst in 1879, a barrister and advocate of suffrage. After helping to found the League in 1889, she became a member of the Independent Labour Party. She was widowed in 1898, leaving her with three daughters; her one son died in 1910.
Pankhurst took the post of Registrar of Births and Deaths but later had to resign due to her propaganda activities. She established headquarters in London. As she became more deeply passionate and involved with her cause, she was imprisoned several times for Breach of the Peace.
She and her daughter Christabel became more militant by 1903 and by the end of 1911 they directed a window-breaking campaign for which she was sentenced to nine months jail. Their suffrage efforts led to arson and destruction of property 1913-14. Pankhurst was sentenced to three years prison but fled to Paris, then to the U.S.
During WWI, she became involved in public service, which took some of the pressure off her reputation as a trouble-maker. An able and ardent public speaker, she ran as candidate for various political posts. In 1918, due in large part to her conviction, the Suffrage Act was passed.
Pankhurst died 6/14/1928 in London.
- Death of Child 1910 (Her one son died)
- Crime : Arrest 1911 (Arrest and jail for window breaking)
- Work : Gain social status 1918 (Suffrage act passed due to her work)
- Death of Mate 1898 (Husband died)
- Relationship : Marriage 1879 (Richard Marsden Pankhurst)
Edward Lyndoe quotes her; Fisher sends a copy of Lyndoe's letter to Charles Harvey.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (21 years)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son died)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Suffrage)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Registrar)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Multiple times)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (A founder of Suffrage)