Difference between revisions of "Pang, May"
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|BirthName=May Fung Yee Pang
|BirthName=May Fung Yee Pang
Latest revision as of 19:12, 21 March 2012
|Birthname||May Fung Yee Pang|
|born on||24 October 1950 at 07:35 (= 07:35 AM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°32' 15°39 Asc. 14°57'|
Chinese-American private secretary and assistant to John Lennon and Yoko Ono in 1970. Three years later she began a tumultuous love affair with John, resulting in his writing several songs for her, including "Surprise, Surprise," (Sweet Bird of Paradox) and "Forgive Me" (My Flower Princess). Her story is documented in her book written with Henry Edwards, "Loving John: The Untold Story," 1983. The book tells May's story of her life with John, including his infamous "Lost Weekend" in Los Angeles.
In the mid-70s, John Lennon and Yoko Ono went through a trial separation, and Yoko chose May Pang to become John's mistress for an 18-month tryst. John and Yoko eventually got back together and stayed together until his untimely death in 1980. Though they reunited in 1973, he continued to discretely see May until December 1978.
Born in Harlem to Chinese-immigrant parents, May Pang was raised in East Harlem’s grim public housing. She was trying to get her foot in the door to the music world when she went to work for John and Yoko. She was at the time affiliated with Abkco Industries, a firm that managed the Beatles Apple Corps. Ltd. and The Rolling Stones and often took a key role in the production of records. One of her treasured possessions is a gold record that she received for working on Lennon’s LP "Walls and Bridges." By the late ‘70s, she switched to United Artists Music working with several unknown songwriters whose work she successfully placed with such artists as Diana Ross, Judas Priest, The Four Tops, Ullanda McCullough, and Air Supply.
In 1983, Warner Books urged her to write about her life with John and well as his relationships with Paul, Ringo, George and his son Julian. She felt a pressing need to set the record straight. In the late ‘80s there was a resurgence of Beatles popularity and her book was republished in paperback as "John Lennon: The Lost Weekend...Living, Loving and Making Rock n' Roll."
Warm and open, Pang is quick to smile and bring one into her confidence. She had a dual career as an actress and music manager for her husband of many years, record producer Tony Visconti. Having met before, she and Tony became reacquainted in London in 1988 and married within the year. They have two children, Sebastian, and three years later, Lara. They are proud to give their kids an Italian-Chinese heritage and pass on their love of New York. By 2001, she and Tony were divorced and she was dating a sax player named Tom Scott.
Pang has a number of acting credits with SAG and AFTRA in movies and TV series’ guest roles. She has also been a guest on national TV shows such as Howard Stern, Entertainment Tonight, P.M. Magazine, Good Morning America, and Joan Rivers.
On 8/23/1974, she was with John when he walked out on the 17th floor balcony and saw a flying saucer, close enough to hit if they were to throw something at it. It was totally silent and finally skimmed away. They called the Daily News who said that at least seven other people had reported the sighting.
- lover relationship with Lennon, John (born 9 October 1940)
- Work : New Job 1970 (Private secretary to John Lennon and Yoko Ono)
- Relationship : End significant relationship December 1978 (Stopped relationship with John Lennon)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1983 (Co-written autobiography released)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1983 (Urging from employer to start autobiography)
- Relationship : Marriage 1988 (Tony Visconti)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 2001 (From Tony)
 Source Notes
Shelley Ackerman quotes her, a friend: www.maypang.com
- Traits : Body : Race (Chinese-American)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (With John Lennon while he was married)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : UFO Experience (L.A. sighting)
- Vocation : Business : Clerical/ Secretarial (Private secretary/assistant)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Public relations (Record company)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Minor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest appearances)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Co-written)