|born on||22 May 1914 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Granville PA, USA, 40n33, 77w38|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°29' 00°49 Asc. 10°59'|
American writer, a journalist, magazine staff member and author who was often ahead of scientists in his analysis of trends and future social movements. After an apprenticeship as a magazine staff member, he made his first impact in 1957 with his book "The Hidden Persuaders." The book described the way in which people are manipulated by marketing techniques to buy, believe, and even how to vote.
Packard's work included "The Status Seekers" and "The Sexual Wilderness." He addressed such subjects as planned obsolescence, the ethics of genetic engineering and the loss of family and community bonds.
Married in 1938, Packard had three kids.
Packard died on 12/12/1996, Vineyard Haven, MA following a heart attack the prior week.
- Death, Cause unspecified 12 December 1996 (Heart attack prior week, age 82)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1938 (Three kids)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1957 (Made impact, The Hidden Persuaders)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Attack)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)