|Birthname||Michael James Owen|
|born on||14 December 1979 at 22:20 (= 10:20 PM )|
|Place||Chester, England, 53n12, 2w54|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°20' 29°04 Asc. 05°59'|
British soccer (football) star and celebrity with a soccer video, sports paraphernalia, product endorsements and 2004 autobiography to his name. He has been playing soccer since he was a young schoolboy and he signed his first professional contract at age 17 with the Liverpool Team. He set the tone for his career when he scored a goal in his first professional game. He became known for his quick footwork and his fearless performance as a striker, and he became a true sports legend when he scored a definitive goal versus Argentina in the World Cup on June 30, 1998 in St. Etienne, France. In 2001, he also scored a hat-trick (three goals in a game) versus Germany in a qualifying game for the 2002 World Cup match on September 1, 2001. By then, he had scored his 100th goal with Liverpool. When he was named 2001 European Footballer of the Year (Ballon d'Or), he was the first English player to have won the coveted award in 22 years. He signed with the Real Madrid club in August 2004.
His slight size (5'8-9") earned him the nickname Midget Gem. His good looks, modest demeanor, and sizzling on-field performance have made him a soccer idol.
He grew up in an athletic-minded home. His father Terry Owen was a professional soccer player for local teams and Michael is one of five children. He and his long-time girlfriend, Louise Bonsall, have a baby daughter, Gemma, born May 2, 2003 in Chester, England. He is devoted to his girlfriend and their child, and his one vice appears to be gambling on horses. His betting habit reportedly cost him 40,000 pounds in 2003 alone.
- parent->child relationship with Owen, James (born 6 February 2006)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1996 (pro soccer contract with Liverpool, age 17)
- Work : Prize 2001 (Ballon d'Or, prestigious soccer award)
- Financial : Lose significant money 2003 (lost 40,000 pounds gambling)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2004 (Autobiography)
Pete Watson quotes his biography: "Michael Owen: Off the Record," Harper Collins Willow, 2004, p. 7: "I entered the world at 10:20 p.m. on the night of 14 December 1979" [in Chester Maternity Hospital].
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of five children)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (long-time girlfriend)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Lifestyle : Work : Hazardous work (pro soccer)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Sports : Soccer
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession