Otto, King of Bavaria
|born on||27 April 1848 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||München, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°12' 16°53 Asc. 28°07'|
Insane king of Bavaria, younger son of King Maximilian II.
Otto fell insane in 1872 and, from 1880 onward, had to be kept under strict surveillance. When his elder brother, King Louis II, likewise insane, died in 1886, he became king under the regency first of his uncle Luitpold, the heir apparent, and then (1912) of Luitpold’s son Louis, who made himself king, as Louis III, on Nov. 5, 1913, even though his cousin Otto was still alive.
He died 11 October 1916.
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 15 October 1825)
- child->parent relationship with Maximilian II, King of Bavaria (born 28 November 1811)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig II, King of Bavaria (born 24 August 1845)
Taeger quotes Penfield, original source unknown.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Mental Illness
- Notable : Famous : Royal family