|Birthname||Osmond, Donald Clark|
|born on||9 December 1957 at 00:55 (= 12:55 AM )|
|Place||Ogden UT, USA, 41n13, 111w58|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°59' 12°55 Asc. 25°43'|
American musician, a member of the singing Osmond family, devout Mormons. He was the seventh son and featured with his sister Marie, the only girl in the family and two years younger than he. At age 21, he was a boyish 5'10" and 130 lbs, gaining screaming adulation from the teenybopper crowd.
The Osmond brothers teamed up to sing, starting in a Disney show in 1962 and Donny joined the group in 1971 after they had been performing professionally for nine years on TV. He had already been on stage on the "Andy Williams Show" in 1963 and an overachiever ever since. The "Donny and Marie" TV show ran from 1976-79.
At 20, he married Debbie, 1978 and they have five sons ranging in age from 19 years to 16 months old (in 1999). A "straight-shooter," he never did drugs or booze, married as a virgin and maintained his belief in fidelity.
During the '80s, when he hit a rocky patch, coming close to bankruptcy, Donnie wondered if his life in show business was over. It was 1989 before he scored a comeback hit with "Soldier of Love," which hit No.2 on the Billboard charts. In the '90s he spent five years touring as the lead in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." He and Marie teamed once more on a syndicated daily talk show, "Donnie and Marie," September 1998, airing weekdays on stations around the nation. He was also the noted voice of "Shang" in the newest Disney release, "Mulan."
He published his autobiography in 1999, "Life is Just What You Make It: My Life So Far." He revealed the paralyzing anxiety attacks that almost forced him out of his role as Joseph.
His mother Olive Osmond died of complications from a stroke on May 9, 2004 in Provo, Utah. The entertainer’s father died on November 6, 2007. George Osmond was the patriarch of a talented family and manager of his sons’ group. He died in Provo, Utah at age 90.
His 18-year-old nephew, Michael who is Marie Osmond's son, committed suicide on February 26,2010 at about 9 PM in Los Angeles.
- Relationship : Marriage 1978 (Debbie, lasting)
- Relationship : First Sex 1978 (With marriage to Debbie)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 16 February 1998 (Son Joshua born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 ("Life is What you Make it")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 (Voice-over in movie "Mulan")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1971 (Started performing in family group, The Osmond Brothers)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 (Three year show with sister)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Comeback song makes chart hit)
- Work : Begin Major Project September 1998 (Started talk show with sister "Donnie and Marie")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Contemporary American Horoscopes quotes a biography
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Mormon family)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Seventh of eight)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Eight)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol (Teenybopper fans)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1978)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Anxiety Disorder (Anxiety attack early '90s)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Teams with sister Marie professionally)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Youthful)