Olsen, Kenneth H.
|born on||20 February 1926|
|Place||Stratford CT, USA, 41n11, 73w08|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American electrical engineer and CEO of Digital Equipment, one of the leading computer companies of its day. He and a partner founded the company in 1957. The company flourished throughout the next three decades, second only to IBM in size and revenue. With the rise in popularity of the personal computer, Olsen's visionary company began its decline, and, in July 1992, the Board of Directors forced his resignation.
A college graduate with a BS and MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Olsen enjoyed gardening as a hobby and flying a small plane to his retreat in Maine.
After 59 years of marriage, his wife died in March 2009.They had three children, one of whom pre-deceased Olsen who died on February 6, 2011.
- Work : Start Business 1957 (Digital Equipment Corporation)
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 1992 (Forced out of top position)
Paul Hewitt collection
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Engineer : Electrical
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (death of a child; date unknown)