Okun, Arthur M.
|Birthname||Arthur M. Okun|
|born on||28 November 1928 at 23:20 (= 11:20 PM )|
|Place||Jersey city NJ, USA, 40n43, 74w04|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°43' 02°16 Asc. 05°16'|
American economist and government official, he established what is known in economics as Okun's Law.
While serving as Senior Economist at the Council of Economic Advisors (CEA) during the Kennedy Administration in the early 1960s, Okun discovered that as the unemployment rate changed within a certain range so did the Gross National Product. The correlation became known as Okun's law. Under the Lyndon Johnson administration, Okun headed the CEA.
Okun is the author of several articles and books including "The Battle Against Unemployment" (1965)
He died March 23, 1980.
- Death, Cause unspecified 23 March 1980 at 12:00 noon in Washington, Dc (Age 51)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1965 (Book, "The Battle Against Unemployment")
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Vocation : Business : Economist (Economist)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Government official)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction