|Birthname||Griffin Patrick O'Neal|
|born on||28 October 1964 at 21:01 (= 9:01 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°48' 22°23 Asc. 10°21'|
American minor actor who made his film debut at age 15 in "The Escape Artist," 1982. He went on to make a few low-budget films in the late 1980s, but after 1991, O’Neal left the business.
From a noted theatrical family, Griffin is the son of actors Ryan O’Neal and Joanna Moore; his sister Tatum became an actress as well, struggling through her own drug problems. Despite Griffin’s early foray into the family business, he is more known for growing up as a wild kid, receiving numerous speeding tickets, getting involved in petty theft and frequently having fistfights, including one with his famous father that resulted in Griffin’s loss of three teeth.
He was a one-year-old baby when his parents separated and the media reported that his mom would take the kids to a bar and then leave when she headed to a party. Tatum, just 11 months older, would call their grandma who would pick up the kids, bath and feed them. When Griffin was six, his dad took Tatum to live with him and Leigh Taylor-Young, his second wife. The boy grew up pretty well untended and by the time he was 11, was essentially on his own, running with a young crowd from Hollywood's golden ghetto.
By the time he was 21, his troubles became more serious when he was involved in a tragic boating accident. On 5/26/1986, while the boys were playing reckless games on the lake, Gian Carlo Coppola, the son of Francis Ford Coppola, was killed in a speed boating accident. Griffin was charged with manslaughter but not convicted. He was cited and given probation for negligence, sentenced to 400 hours of community service and fined. He was arrested on a DUI charge (driving under the influence) on 10/02/1988 and sentenced to community service on 8/18/1989.
O’Neal married Rima Belinda Uranga in Las Vegas on 7/04/1989; they have a baby daughter. In 1992, he was again in the headlines when he was arrested for possession of marijuana, assaulting his present girlfriend, and firing a .44 magnum at her car. In November 1992 he agreed to spend a year in a drug-rehab facility.
- child->parent relationship with O'Neal, Ryan (born 20 April 1941)
- sibling relationship with O'Neal, Patrick (born 14 September 1967). Notes: Half-sibling, same father
- sibling relationship with O'Neal, Redmond (born 30 January 1985). Notes: Half-sibling, same father
- sibling relationship with O'Neal, Tatum (born 5 November 1963)
- other criminal relationship with Coppola, Gian-Carlo (born 17 September 1963). Notes: O'Neal was piloting the boat in which Coppola was accidentally killed
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (Film debut)
- Relationship : Marriage 1989 (Rima Uranga)
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 1991 (Left the acting business)
- Crime : Arrest 1992 (Assault and battery, posession of marijuana)
- Death of Mother 22 November 1997 in Indian Wells (Riverside County) (Joanna Moore, lung cancer, age 63)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sue Jorgenson quotes B.C. #7053-049623 viewed at Norwalk Records office, CA, the son of Dorothy Joanna Moore and Patrick Ryan O'Neal.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (Drug rehab center)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Neglect (Mom partied, dad not around)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (Age one when parents divorced)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sister noted actress)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Party animal
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide involvement (Manslaughter)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Social crime/ delinquent (Speeding, fist fights)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (Petty theft)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Minor film work)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (From age 15)