|Birthname||Colton, Anita Lena|
|born on||18 October 1919 at 08:13 (= 08:13 AM )|
|Place||Chicago IL, USA, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°09' 23°38 Asc. 17°59'|
American singer, a dazzling jazz performer for 56 years as of 1990. With a chaotic personal life, she survived a 14-year addiction to heroin, two prison terms for possession, a nervous breakdown, alcoholism, a rape, several abortions and two failed marriages. In 1981 she published her autobiography "High Times Hard Times."
O'Day had an unpleasant childhood with family fights and a father who left them. She began as a dancer and burlesque singer, a pro by the time she was 19. She loved her early fame, singing with big bands, the money and acclaim, the high-life with ample drugs and available men.
She appeared in three feature films including "The Gene Krupa Story," 1959.
When she survived an overdose on 3/04/1966, O'Day quit drugs cold turkey. She married in 1937, and a second time in 1943 for 12 years. By 1990 she was living in the desert community of San Jacinto, CA, still enjoying her drink but drug-free.
On 12/18/1996, she had surgery on her right arm to repair multiple fractures caused by a fall at home.
The jazz vocalist died on November 23, 2006 in Los Angeles, age 87. She had been battling pneumonia though the immediate cause of death was not given.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (High Times Hard Times)
- Death, Cause unspecified 23 November 2006 (In Los Angeles, age 87)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical diagnosis 2006 (Pneumonia)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Jazz)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Heroin for 14 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Heavy)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (Rape victim)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Two jail terms for drug possession)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages (Several abortions)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Burlesque)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Fell, broke arm)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Fights, dad left)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Dad abandoned family)
- Vocation : Sex Business : Exotic Dancers (Burlesque)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Club circuit)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia