|Birthname||Donald David Dixon Ronald O’Connor|
|born on||28 August 1925 at 07:10 (= 07:10 AM )|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°39' 21°37 Asc. 15°08'|
American actor, comedian, singer and dancer who is still rated as one of the most versatile song-and-dance men ever to star in films and TV. By age 30, in 1955, he had done 50 films.
Raised in a circus and vaudevillian family, his father died when he was one, and he became part of the act with his mom. Always a trouper, he never attended public school. Starting in movies at 13, his films include: "Top Man," "Bowery To Broadway," "Chip Off The Old Block," and perhaps his best known and most beloved film, "Singing In the Rain," with co-stars Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds, 1952.
He continued in vaudeville most of his life, but slowed down after a heart attack in 1971. He was still doing Vegas in his later years.
Married on February 6, 1944, they had four kids and divorced ten years later in July, 1954. His second marriage in 1956 lasted over 31 years.
In his 70s, O'Connor lived in Sedona, Arizona and was the featured player in the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies, a performing arts group at the Historic Plaza Theatre. On 1/30/1999 he was hospitalized with pneumonia, In intensive care, he was placed on a ventilator. Turning his condition around, he was released from the hospital on 2/26/1999, undergoing physical therapy at his nearby home. Now he finds himself writing songs, doing community things and "just sort of taking it easy."
He died on September 27, 2003 of heart failure at a retirement home in Calabasas, CA. He was 78.
- Relationship : Marriage 1956 (Second marriage, lifetime)
- Health : Acute illness 1971 (Heart attack, recovered)
- Social : Deinstitutionalized - prison, hospital 26 February 1999 (Released from hospital)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons; previously the date was mistyped as 8/25/25.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Attack, recovered)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1956)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Work : Retirement circumstances (Ease and comfort, careful of health)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at 13)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville and Vegas)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Gross motor control (Top rated song-and-dance)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Performer)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection