|Birthname||Terence Alan Milligan|
|born on||16 April 1918 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Ahmadnagar, India, 19n05, 74e44|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°04' 27°49 Asc. 14°36'|
British director and writer best known for "The Goon Show," which began as a radio series on 5/28/1951 with Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers, Harry Decombe and Michael Bentine. The son of a British military man, he was raised in India, Burma and Ceylon, arriving in England in 1933. He started his career as a singer, trumpet player and guitar player.
His big break came in the ‘50s in a show called "Crazy People," which eventually became the legendary "Goon Show." Milligan wrote much of his own comedy material for the show as well as many TV vehicles. In addition to radio and TV scripts, Milligan also wrote several comedy novels and a book of nonsense and verse, in spite of his own lifetime battle with depression. His career on screen never matched his success on radio and TV but his books and comedy recordings maintained their popularity long after the end of the Goons.
Diagnosed as being bi-polar, he was noted for being difficult and demanding to work with. He nonetheless earned his Lifetime Achievement Award given at the British Comedy Awards in December 1994.
Mulligan died of kidney failure on 2/27/2002 at age 83, London, England.
- business associate/partner relationship with Bentine, Michael (born 26 January 1922). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goon Show"
- business associate/partner relationship with Secombe, Harry (born 8 September 1921). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goon Show"
- business associate/partner relationship with Sellers, Peter (born 8 September 1925). Notes: Co-stars in "The Goon Show"
- Family : Change residence 1933 (Moved to England)
David Fisher quotes Prediction 8/1978 for 2:15 AM and notes, "I have recently come across a biography which gives 2:00 or 2:30 AM." Frank Clifford in British Entertainers quotes the Astrological Journal, August/1967 for 3:00 AM "given by him in a Sunday newspaper article." (Arbitrary midpoint-time given as A data within a half-hour.)
- Traits : Personality : Difficult/ mean spirited (Demanding to work with)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Bi-Polar Disorder
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Lived in India, Burma, Ceylon, England)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, secondary)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ('The Goon Show')
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Trumpet and guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Singer, initially)
- Vocation : Writers : Humor
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (Nonsense and verse)