|born on||17 September 1944 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Villnoss, Italy, 46n38, 11e41|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°58' 18°15 Asc. 28°36'|
Italian pioneer adventurer and film maker, leader of an expedition to climb the Mt. Everest and film the conquest of the mighty peak with his Austrian partner. On 8/05/1978, they climbed the 29,028 ft. mountain without the aid of oxygen. Two years later he returned, alone, becoming the first to conquer Everest solo.
Messner went on to climb 14 major grand world mountains, each 26,000 ft or more. A close encounter with a shadowy beast in 1986 started him on a 12-year pursuit of the Yeti, which he ultimately concluded was Tibet's nocturnal snow bear. In 1990 he traveled to Antarctica.
When not on an adventure, Messner is a gentleman winemaker and yak farmer living in a restored castle in the Tyrolean Alps. An Italian citizen with Austrian roots, he is a member of the European parliament.
- Social : Begin Travel 1986 (Climbed 14 major world mtns.)
- Social : Begin Travel 1990 (Antartica)
Heinz Specht quotes Ebertin
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer (Climbed mtns. and Antartica)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Film-maker)
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Farmer/ Rancher (Yak farmer)
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Alcohol business (Vintner)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (M.P.)
- Traits : Personality : Courageous