|Birthname||Giovanni Battista Meneghini|
|born on||19 August 1895 at 21:30 (= 9:30 PM )|
|Place||Verona, Italy, 45n27, 11e0|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°33' 16°50 Asc. 00°45'|
Italian entrepreneur, the husband of opera diva Maria Callas. He met Callas in 1947 when he was 32 years her senior. Despite the opposition of both families, they wed on 4/21/1949 in Verona, with no family members in attendance. With his wealth and experience, Meneghini transformed her into a glamorous star. Since Callas was prone to fragile health, he would not let her bear children, thinking it might harm her physical well-being as well as her career.
The marriage began its demise when they took a cruise on the Christina in the summer of 1959. Callas met Aristotle Onassis on the great ship, which Onassis owned and she began an affair with the Greek tycoon a year later.
In 1975, Callas rejected Meneghini's offer of reconciliation and she died of a heart attack at her Paris home 9/16/1977.
- spouse relationship with Callas, Maria (born 3 December 1923). Notes: Bitter very
- Relationship : Extramarital Affair 1960 (Maria begins affair with Aristotle)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1975 (Meneghini offers reconciliation with Callas, rejected)
Bordoni quotes B.C.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (32 yrs. older than Maria)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Opera diva Maria Callas)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Wife had affair with Onassis)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur