|Birthname||Terence Kemp McKenna|
|born on||16 November 1946 at 07:25 (= 07:25 AM )|
|Place||Hotchkiss, Colorado, 38n48, 107w43|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°38' 01°52 Asc. 28°53'|
American author and explorer who spent 25 years in the study of the ontological foundations of shamanism and the ethno-pharmacology of spiritual transformation. His deepest explorations were into the mysteries of conscious and unconscious reality and mind alternations, which endlessly fascinated him.
After graduating from UC Berkeley, he traveled extensively in the Asian and New World Tropics, specializing in the shamanism and ethno-medicine of the Amazon Basin. With his brother Dennis, he wrote "The Invisible Landscape" and "Psilacybin: The Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide." His "Food of the Gods" is a study of the impact of psychotropic plants on human culture and evolution. His last book was "True Hallucinations," a narrative of spiritual adventure in the jungles of the Colombian Amazon.
He was noted for his Novelty Theory, a type of fractal dynamics he invented. He gave talks and seminars, most recently in upstate New York, the Naropa Institute of Boulder and at Esalen in Big Sur, CA.
His second marriage was to Christie: two kids. Christy wrote to Erin Sullivan, "Terence fell ill with GBM on 5/22/1999." He had his first seizure in Hawaii in 1999.
He died of a brain tumor in San Rafael, CA on 4/03/2000, 2:15 AM.
- spouse relationship with McKenna, Kat (born 12 August 1948)
- Death by Disease 3 April 2000 at 02:15 AM in San Rafael (Brain tumor, age 53)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
On 5/24/2000, Erin Sullivan gave Nov 16, 1946, 7:25 AM, Hotchkiss, Colorado. "The source is from his brother Dennis to me, citing his birth certificate and family records. I think there is confusion between the date of his birth and that of his death. He died at 2:15 am on April 3rd. He was born at 7:25 AM. I have this on good authority from several sources, including Terence himself, and from Christy."
These are the same data given by Mark Johnson, from McKenna (7:25 AM) from Ray Mardyx and from Linda Clark.
(Alternately, Earl Baker quoted him for 2:15 AM on the internet (ACT) 4/11/2000; same from "Dark Star" on the same site, quoting him.)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Pharmeceutical halucigenics)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Wrote with brother)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, Kat)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (World travels)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Shamanism
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Consciousness, mind alterations)