Difference between revisions of "McEvoy, Frances"
(Imported from Astrodatabank)
(Imported from Astrodatabank)
|(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 148:||Line 148:|
Revision as of 12:04, 9 January 2012
|born on||11 May 1929 at 04:05 (= 04:05 AM )|
|Place||Phoenix AZ, USA, 33n27, 112w04|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°15' 20°56 Asc. 19°31'|
American professional astrologer who writes skilled columns for NCGR journals and is a board member of the organization, as well as the president of its Boston chapter. Frances started her study of astrology in 1949 with the late Grant Lewis while a student at Arizona State U. After graduation, she moved to Boston and continued studies with Isabel Hickey. She was influenced profoundly by the late Dane Rudhyar during the brief time he was in Boston in the late '50s. She worked as a journalist on daily and weekly newspapers and also for the State House news service, and was press secretary for two years for Senator Leslie B. Cutler.
Frances did graduate work in psychology and history and also studied at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, becoming a portrait artist as a hobby. A member of the National Board of NCGR since 1981, she has been editor of Geocosmic Magazine since 1984, and was founder and has served as President of the Boston Chapter of NCGR since 1979.
Her husband, an attorney, became ill with Parkinson's in 1995 and died on 10/07/1997.
In May 2005, after a biopsy of a large growth in her lung/windpipe area, Frances was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins' lymphoma, a rare type called mantle cell, stage 4. On May 17, 2005 she had her first chemotherapy treatment. The warm and generous astrologer lost her battle with cancer on December 10, 2007. She passed away at 11:38 AM EST at her Belmont, MA home with family and friends at her bedside. A prolific writer, ardent data collector, and wise teacher, she generously shared data and her knowledge of astronomy and astrology with colleagues and students. She was devoted to her beloved art and to the astrological community, especially to NCGR and its Boston Chapter. Frances lives on in the hearts of those whose lives she touched.
- spouse relationship with McEvoy, Joseph (born 27 April 1918)
- child relationship with McEvoy, Stephen (born 21 February 1963)
- other kin relationship with Kilzer, Elizabeth Lindley (born 7 May 1988)
- Death by Disease 10 December 2007 at 11:38 AM in Belmont, MA (Cancer, in Belmont, MA, age 78)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes her, 11/1987
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro, major data collector)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (1997)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Major data collector)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer